I love going to weddings, tough I haven’t been too many.. not going to anyone this year either, but I love putting together looks anyways;
Such a cute look, and the look I’d most likely wear. The dress is from H&M, that is in fact very impressive.
An elegant wedding look in a dress from By Marlene Birger, god how I love that designer…
You don’t always have to wear dresses to weddings, skirts or trousers can look just as pretty. This is a very cool and fashionable look. A lovely match of YSL, Gucci, Alexander McQueen and Philip Lim.
Have you been to, or are you going to any weddings this year or this summer?
Filed under Collages, Style
One of the trends seen on the catwalk for spring11 is the tie-dye or batik. These types of clothing are very cool because the pattern looks so random – it’s a piece of fabric that someone has just painted something on. I think it looks very casual and laid-back.
This trend has been seen on the catwalk; here from Proenza Schouler and Balmain.
I don’t own a single garment that’s tie-dyed, cuz I feel that for me… there’s too much going on. I actually can’t style it, but I think it looks soooo cool on people that wears it, and styles it good.
Filed under Style, Trends
I´m having fun playing in polyvore. Love the site, I use it all the time. Here are three looks I put together a while back, all perfect for me, and maybe for you too?
This is a loose and comfy look, wedge/heels, loose pants and a cropped top – or a striped and loose dress. Super cool, and comfy!
This look is super feminine, cute and.. ah, just sweet. I´m not the biggest fan of pink, but hey, this look I can´t resist. And pink is a breath of fresh air once in a while.
This is what I like to call the “city-look“. Picture yourself wandering around the streets in New York looking like this, perfect right? It´s elegant and professional. Match this with a pair of sky-high pumps and oh.. you´re looking hot.
What do you think? Something you would wear yourself?
Love the styling in these photos; bohemian, diffrent patterns, wide pants, lots of jewlery, layering and loose, thin, laid-back materials! So me.
All the essentials for this years spring & summer;
1. The bikerjacket - Every girl needs to have one. With a floral dress, or just jeans, it spices up any outfit. When you use a floral dress, you often look very cute, and a jacket like this makes people see that there´s a “rocker-chic” inside of you. This one from TopShop is perfect;
2. The snake is here - Pants, blouses, shoes and purses. I am not the big fan of this type of pattern on clothing, but on accessories it´s perfect. I actually have a pair of shoes! It´s perfect for a black outfit.
3. The Little Hippie - This is what I will call the bohemian/etnic-trend, and I am the biggest fan. Indian-inspired necklaces and bracelets is something every girl must have, in my opinion.
4. 70´s pants - Not something I´ll wear – ever – but seen all over the catwalk and blogs. It´s super-popular! Buy it in a neutral colour with a biker jacket or just a t-shirt stuffed inside.
5. Colored shoes - spice up the outfit with an awesome, bright colour on your shoes! If you but some coloured socks in too, you´ll look fun and trendy.
6. Lace – Such a romatic trend, and goes with everything. For a party; little black skirt with a lace blouse tucked in, smoky eyes and you´re ready. If you want to go for the more romantic style you can tone down the make-up and maybe buy a lace-dress.
7. Nailpolish - In pastel or in super-bright colours is a must-have. Orange, purple, pink – everything´s allowed. A bright coloured lip-stick too, maybe?
Filed under Style, Trends
It was in last spring, and again, here are the socks! But you can’t just jump into any pair in your closet, use fine fabrics such as cotton, silk and merino wool. You can use colours in cream and beige like Mulberry did last year;
Or you can use eclectic colours, to follow the strong spring colour trend;
Cute pastel colours and lace details is definitely something to buy too. You can have your socks all the way up to your knee or you can roll them down for a cute look.
What do you think about this trend? Something to use?
Filed under Style, Trends
A ruffled, champagne, silk top from By Malene Birger. The white top has been seen all over the catwalk; silk, cotton, short or long-sleeved. There are so many variants, and I really want this one with a little bit going on in the front.
The maxi skirt from Miss Selfridge, and the pants from Phillip Lim, because they’re simple to wear and you can be creative with accessories and colours. The maxi/midi-skirt is super feminine and is loved by Prada, Cèline and Yves Saint Laurent.
The H&M clutch in spicy colours, an awesome YSL ring, super cool wedges from Aldo and a super feminine perfume – YSL-Elle.
With all of this I’d be super-ready for spring and summer this year. Are any of these things on your list?
Long, flowy maxi dresses have been dominating for a few seasons now so it was inevitable that the maxi skirt would follow. This S/S11 fashion shows has been fulled with these amazing skirts, and also the celebrities loves this trend.
Jil Sander and Michael Kors
There are so many ways for you to interpret this style to make it work for you. You can give it an edge with a sexy tee og cropped vest, you can go bohemian with a pair of gladiators and a flowy top or you can just keep it basic with a simple tank.
Kate Bosworth has gone the minimalistic way with a fabulous maxi skirt from Jil Sander with a simple white t-shirt, and she looks amazing.
Here´s more of a party-look with the maxi skirt. Different fabric and a top with a little more bling + an elegant bag to go with it.
I really want to show you my way of dressing the maxi-skirt. My skirt is very colourful and drags a lot of attention, to I don´t have to do much more;
This skirt is from Monki, and is actually the only maxi-skirt I own. I will definitely buy some more closer to spring.
Some tips for you;
- Define your waist-line; stuff the top in the skirt or use a short bodyclose top.
- If you´re wearing a black maxi-skirt you can use a colourful top.
- Use a belt to get a more feminine look, and if you want a loose, bohemian look you can just have it hanging over your hips.
- Look for inspiration on the net, go through catwalk-photos and celebrities wearing it.
Filed under Style, Trends
It´s winter, it´s cold and dark – in Norway at least – and it´s time to brighten up our days. White dresses are the way to go;
Malin Akerman, Michelle Williams, Brittany Snow, Lauren Conrad & Jessica Alba in white.
Well.. I´d have to wear it in a warmer combo, but you get the picture, right? I´m courious; what´s the weather like where you live?
White actually makes you look much more tanned and younger, and can brighten up your day – if you wear black, you might feel down when it´s dark, but if you wear white you might feel cheerful. That´s how it is with me. You can mix it with colourful accessories, a pair of killer pumps and a clutch for parties.
Dress from BikBok(399NOK)//Dress from Topshop(465NOK)//Dress from Rare Fashion(499NOK) and long-sleeved dress from Topshop(325NOK).
Go for a dress with fun details like feathers, lace and ribbons to make the outfit look more interesting. And if you´re having a cold, “snowy” winter like me, you might want to use a warm coat and some tights to go over the dress when you´re outside
Isabel Marant; from the A/W collection. It’s very elegant and rough at the same time. A big, stripet sweater with some skinny jeans and heels and you’ve got the look.
Filed under Designers, Style